Kevin O’Keefe is a member of the firm’s litigation department and focuses his practice on litigating complex civil cases in state and federal court. Kevin represents sophisticated clients in a wide variety of industries and has experience defending high profile litigation and regulatory investigations in state and federal venues across the country.
Prior to joining Choate, Kevin was an associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP in New York. There, he represented corporations in connection with government investigations and civil litigation concerning federal and state securities laws, federal whistleblower statutes, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and the Financial Institutions Reform, and Recovery and Enforcement Act.
Complex Trial & Appellate Litigation: representation of leading corporations and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation.
- Represents a corporation in connection with civil antitrust and wage and hour class action related to a federal visa program.
- Represents an internationally bestselling author in litigation against former business managers for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represents a global financial institution in connection with active litigation and threatened claims related to structured financial products, in addition to dozens of previously resolved federal and state investigations and securities fraud suits arising out of the credit crisis.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with threatened claims for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty stemming from a seller’s bankruptcy.
- Represented an international agricultural supplier in connection with a whistleblower claim that alleged violations of the federal securities laws and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Advised an international telecommunications provider in connection with potential indemnity claims for environmental remediation costs stemming from a Superfund site.